Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned CrossFit enthusiast, you may have heard something about the CrossFit Open! If you’re not sure what the CrossFit Open is all about, check out this video from the CrossFit Games Facebook page.
To sum up, The CrossFit Open is 5 weeks of 5 workouts, one each week, performed with the support of your CrossFit community behind you. These workouts are designed to be performed as a means of testing your fitness this year. It’s also the first “stage” of the CrossFit Games, followed by Regionals and then, the Games. HOWEVER, it’s called the Open because it’s OPEN to all levels–scaled, Rx and even Masters!
“For CrossFit, the particularly offer a way for us to stay in our local box, to have judges from within our own community, and to still have data that is measurable, observable, and repeatable, on a worldwide scale, for us to participate in.” (Why everyone should do the Open, by Brute Strength). In essence, it gives you a bit more purpose to train each day.
Sal U., whose first CrossFit Open was in 2017, decided it was a way to challenge and test himself. See what more of our founding members had to say about why they signed up in 2017 in this video!
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- SIGN UP at games.crossfit.com
- KEEP coming to your CLASSES – It’s only one month away!
- Let us know when YOU have signed up; post in the athlete page or tell us in class
- Be on the lookout for… CrossFit Des Plaines first Intramural Open League
- Follow CrossFit Games on Facebook to keep up with announcements before the first week of Thursday, February 22nd!
What are you waiting for?