You’ve been hearing all the buzz–the CrossFit Open is right around the corner! Next Friday kicks off our first week of the CrossFit Open. Here’s the Top 5 things you’ll need to know:
1. It takes place at your gym. That’s right–you don’t have to travel, or plan to go anywhere but your gym to complete the weekly CrossFit Open workouts! This worldwide competition is taking place over the course of 5 weeks in the walls of your own gym.
2. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned CrossFitter–the Open is for you. Each week’s workouts has an option for an athlete of any level to perform. “Rx” indicates the workout “as prescribed”. The scaled option allows athletes to modify the prescribed workout to a scalable weight or movement.
3. It’s a team effort. Even though you are performing the workouts on your own, your CrossFit community will be in the room rooting for your self-proclaimed victories. The energy of the CrossFit Open is the daily “WOD” elevated to the next level, and it’s a pretty neat thing to be a part of.
4. Your recovery window may be a little prolonged. The energy brought to your Open workouts often increases performance outcome, but this means that you may also feel a little more run down than usual. It’s important to practice solid recovery through nutrition, hydration, and good ol’ fashioned deep sleep. If you’re interested in chatting with a coach about your nutrition through the open, feel free to schedule a consultation with our in-house nutrition coach.
5. You can compare how you stack up against the rest of the world! One of the coolest parts about the CrossFit Open is being able to “rank” your fitness in various workouts over 5 weeks against all others in the world. You can select custom “leaderboards” where you can compare against other people in your division (Women’s Rx, or Men’s Scaled, or even Masters and Teens!) and see where your best workouts fall on the worldwide leaderboard.
Ready to sign up? Get started here!